Dishoom King's Cross, London

11.25.2014

It may had seemed like I have disappeared or even abandoned my blog. Guess what, I am back! I know I have been lazy and work have been forever hectic. Don't worry, there are a back log of restaurants for me to write and further more places for me to eat, be fat and bankrupt my purse (or Mr T's non-existent wallet).

Dishoom King's Cross is the third Dishoom cafe to open after successes in Covent Garden and Shoreditch. Inspired by the old-school Bombay cafes open from morning to night. Dishoom had been on my radar for a while but every time going past Covent Garden, there's always a long queue driving me away to eat somewhere else. When Mr T saw the queue at King's Cross, he already wanted to turn around and eat else where. Luckily we only waited for like 10-15 minutes.

Far Far

Lamb Samosas

Okra Fries

Calamari

I didn't actually wanted to order the Far Far, I only asked the waiter what it was and he presumably thought I wanted it which was the first item that was served. It's sort of between a cracker and a crisp but bland. Okra Fries will turn your hatred of okra to a lover of okra. Many people dislike the slimy texture of okra, in the case of Dishoom; it's sliced lengthwise, lightly spiced and fried they taste fantastic. More places needs to serve okra fries, I want it! The lamb samosas are not the typical Punjabi shortcrust style, made in Gujarati style so thinner filo pastry tasting lighter. The calamari, tiny tender squid covered in crumbs and a drizzle of sweetness, a bit strange at first as we were used to eating salty calamari but nevertheless it was tasty.

Spicy Lamb Chops

Mahi Tikka
The lamb chops coated in a marinade of lime juice and jaggery, warm dark spices, ginger and garlic is finger licking good. It was moist, tender, juicy and spicy. I'm trying to find a recipe to recreate it at home, unfortunately I don't have a tandoori oven to recreate the same charred effect on the meat. The mahi tikka, Asian basa fillet in a subtle yoghurt marinade. The fish is moist but just need a bit more seasoning/spicing, well Mr T liked it. Accompanied by a garlic naan, irresistible to stop eating when served fresh and hot. For drinks, we had a pot of green Darjeeling and a pot of English breakfast Assam. Hard to resist ordering tea when both me and Mr T are tea drinkers. It wasn't the best tea on offer.  

Dishoom is different to your normal Indian restaurant, you won't find tikka masala or chicken korma. I wish I could have tried many more dishes, I am definitely up for a Bombay style brunch next time on the condition that I can wake up early.

Score Rating: 3.5/5
Price: £20-30/head (50% soft launch,~£27 between 2 people)

Dishoom King's Cross on Urbanspoon
Square Meal

http://www.dishoom.com/kings-cross/

1 comments :

foo bar
Anonymous said...

With the entire character sorts in the recreation out there, find a way to|you presumably can} range the colors of every mannequin to account for any potential in-game mixture. This little printed speaker transforms into a robust Bluetooth speaker precision machining with slightly assembly and about $20 in elements. Even better, the designer features a wiring diagram and full assembly directions along with the free STL, so even if you're new to this type of|this type of|this type of} project, find a way to|you presumably can} easily comply with alongside.

Post a Comment